The Foundation for the Contemporary Family provides financial support
for innovative research that enhances the understanding of contemporary
families and/or the clinical practice of couples and family therapy.
We execute this mission through a broad range of scholarships and
grants, including program grants. For all of these, we encourage applications
from individuals who represent diversity in race, ethnicity, gender,
age, disability, and sexual orientation.
The FFCF Program Grant committee is looking for projects that are
innovative, have a sound program design and assessment measures, have
qualified staff and address the needs of contemporary families. Projects
that advance theory, assessment, or clinical practice in these areas
• Advance the field of couples and family therapy in the above
topic areas through empirical, methodological, or theoretical contribution;
enhance the understanding of the evolving nature and issues of contemporary
• Annual grants of $5,000–$25,000
• Grants are awared in June and December. Submission deadlines are:
For June: March 1
For December: September 1
• Conformance with stated program goals;
• Magnitude of incremental contribution in topic area;
• Quality of proposed work;
• Applicant’s competence to execute the project.
• Description of proposed project to include goal, relevant
background, target population, methods, budget, anticipated outcomes,
and dissemination plans;
• Format: not to exceed 10 pages (1 inch margins, double-spaced,
no smaller than 11 point type);
• Timeline for execution
here to download application.